Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Wedding Dress

Tyler and I tied the knot on October 5, 2013. We were married at Bellevue Berry Farm in Bellevue, NE. Since our wedding was at a farm we went with a rustic theme. I thought I would share some of the details of our memorable day. I'll start with a post about my wedding dress.

I went with my mom to David's Bridal to try on dresses quite far in advance. I knew I wanted a lace dress and I brought a couple of pictures of dresses I wanted to try on. Trying them on makes all the difference. The dresses I thought I would like didn't look right. I had an amazing consultant who picked one out for me to try on. I didn't originally want a strapless dress, but I absolutely loved her pick. I didn't want to take it off! I said "yes, to the dress!"



I took my dress to Linda Lee, a local seamstress for my alterations. I had her sew my "something blue" into the inside of my dress. It was a heart shaped piece of one of my grandpa's blue dress shirts. He passed when I was a kid and I wanted him to be with me on the big day. Linda embroidered the text "Forever in Our Hearts" to go with the fabric.


I had bought a sash to go with my dress and Linda suggested that I add a brooch. I found the perfect sunflower brooch on Etsy made by Pure Rain Designs. The brooch really accentuated the details in the dress well. Linda is wonderful, I would highly recommend her to anyone in the Omaha area. 

Here is Linda's contact information if anyone is interested:

Linda Lee Bridal Creations
(402)393-0272
2714 South 106th St.
Omaha, NE 68124



No comments:

Post a Comment