Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wedding Day Accessories

I searched high and low for the perfect wedding day accessories and it was well worth it when everything came together on the day of.

I'm pretty clumsy so heels weren't the best option for my wedding shoes. I decided wedges would be perfect and I wanted them to have a pop of color. I went to practically every shoe store in the city looking for yellow wedges and finally found the perfect pair at Payless for about $20!



For my "something borrowed," I borrowed a necklace from my grandmother. My grandfather had picked it up for her in China Town in San Francisco years ago.


I really wanted to wear something special that I could potentially pass down to a future daughter or daughter-in-law someday. I have always wanted pearl earrings, so it seemed like the perfect fit. I found this beautiful pair at a jewelry shop in The Old Market Passageway.


I purchased both a toss garter and a keepsake garter from jbconaway on Etsy. The one I really wanted sold before I had a chance to purchase it, but after contacting the seller, she fulfilled a custom order and made the one I wanted! 


I also purchased a flower and veil for my hair from David's Bridal. Originally I wasn't planning on going with a veil, but I felt much more like a bride when I tried it on in the store. I went with a simple, shorter, veil in the back of my hair, that I took off at the reception.

My formal updo with the flower.

A close up of the flower.


My hair was done by Dani Cooper (Boss Studios). Dani and her assistant came to Bellevue Berry Farm to do both mine and the bridesmaid's hair. It was a huge stress reliever to not have to worry about going to a hair salon. I did go to her for a trial run, which I would highly recommend to any bride. Dani was absolutely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment