Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wedding Party Attire

When it came to the wedding party's attire, I was determined not to be the type of bride who would force her friends to purchase expensive clothing that they don't even like. So we decided on a color scheme and let our bridal party pick what they wanted to wear based on that.



For the bridesmaids, we decided the dresses should be chocolate brown and knee length, since our wedding wasn't super formal. I told them to find a brown dress they love! I also asked them to find a pair of yellow flats. For our gift to each of them, we purchased a matching necklace and pair of earrings that I found at Kohl's. The yellow pashminas were a later addition (also from Kohl's) when we realized it would likely be a chilly fall day. They all looked absolutely beautiful!


For the groomsmen, we decided to go with brown dress pants, brown shoes, and white dress shirts. We figured these seemed like items the guys might be able to use again for work clothing and we let them pick their own. Our gift to them was the yellow tie and a pair of brown suspenders. I purchased them from Amazon.



I love how everyone's outfits came together so well! I am a big supporter of letting the wedding party find clothing that they like. Everyone has a different body type and budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment